Photo Credit: http://www.howsweeteats.com
Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks
- 1 bunch of asparagus (mine had about 30 spears)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with non-stick spray.
- Snap off the tough ends of each asparagus spear. On two separate plates, add the eggs whites (lightly beaten) and the panko + flour + cheese. Season the panko mixture with salt and pepper if desires. Coat each asparagus spear in egg whites, then lay in the panko mixture and thoroughly cover. If the panko won’t stick, dip back in the egg whites and roll in panko once again. Lay each spear on the wire rack.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.